Policy for Obtaining a Baptismal Godparent/Confirmation Sponsor Certificate
1. The person seeking a Godparent/Confirmation Sponsor Certificate will contact the Parish Office with his/her request for a Certificate.
2. The Parish Staff member who receives the contact will inform the person of this policy.
3. Before the Pastor issues a Certificate the person requesting it must complete the Verification Form.
4. The Verification Form is available at the Parish Office during regular hours of service.
5. Once completed the Verification Form is returned to the Parish Office and relayed to the Pastor for review.
6. The Pastor will sign the Verification Form which is affixed with the Parish Seal and kept on file in the Parish Office.
7. The Pastor will sign the Godparent/Confirmation Sponsor Certificate which will then be issued to the person who has requested it.
Effective November 4, 2014